Skip to content

Mexican Night – Simple Tomato Salsa

August 15, 2014

simple-tomato-salsa

A good Mexican tortilla based dish needs a good salsa to see it through. I first threw this together when, upon making the most recent incarnation of my Peanut Butter Chicken Fajitas, I realised that there were too many creamy elements that needed to be balanced out – the yoghurt, the peanut butter and the guacamole were lovely but the success of a fajita rests in the balance of the spices, the juicy vegetables, the creamy coolant of guacamole and sour cream/yoghurt and the acidity of the salsa.

This is intended to be an easy solution to complete the balance, and it won’t take you long at all.

simple-tomato-salsa

Serve as a dip for tortilla chips by itself or with my Peanut Butter Chicken Fajitas.

Serves 4

Ingredients
3 medium tomatoes, finely diced
Half of one small red onion, finely diced
Juice of half a lime
Small bunch if coriander, finely diced
Salt and pepper, to season

Method
Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!

Sending this one over to The Weekend Social and Fiesta Friday!

Advertisements
8 Comments leave one →
  1. August 16, 2014 3:48 pm

I am a sucker for Mexican and this salsa is right up my alley! Thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. All posts get pinned in our pinterest board! Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on culinaryflavors.gr ! I hope to see you there!

• August 19, 2014 6:18 pm

It’s great teamed with the guacamole and a HUGE bag of tortilla chips… 🙂 Thanks Katerina!

2. August 16, 2014 5:36 pm

Perfect and uses up the onion, lime and coriander from the guac too! Loving the Mexican spread that you have brought to FF this week – thanks again!!

• August 19, 2014 6:15 pm

So glad you see what I was trying to do there 🙂 I just buy a pack of limes for the whole meal and blast through them all! Thanks Selma!

3. August 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Nothing says summer more than fresh salsa. Yum!

4. August 21, 2014 10:04 am

Lovely Salsa, bookmarking the recipe…:)
    Glad to connect with you ..:)

Trackbacks